Recently an awesome reader recommended me to a very talented artist…
I’m normally quite brutal when it comes to my taste in art but I was pleasantly surprised to find something more unique than the mainstream junk that’s normally poured down our throat these days.
The artist name is Sharayah Honeyager who combines pen, ink & watercolour as if they were naturally made for one another.
Heres some of my personal favourites:
(On the Up and Up print Via: Sharayahhoney.)
I find this piece very inspiring, I love all the different textures & how they work so beautifully with the colour palette. It has a hint of lolita fashion which I adore but with a twist of the Edwardian era combined with some fairy tale presence. Overall creating a very majestic piece of art!
(They Just Never Seem To Last image via: Sharayahhoney.)
This piece is equally stunning. (I’m always a sucker for huge anime styled eyes too!) I love the rugged texture of the shading via the pen. It portrays the wear & tear of life which to me is quite refreshing. I feel the artist has captured that child like innocence profoundly. But I wouldn’t say that makes this a depressing piece filled with pain and grief but more with a dark humour to it: Especially in the pieces title. I mean who hasn’t gone through a million gold fishes when they were children? It’s one of the best ways to learn about death as a child & I feel the artist has really brought that moment to life. Great piece indeed.
Sharayah Honeyager also specialises in paintings & sculptures… (Coming soon to her website.)
So be sure to check out the rest of Sharayah Honeyager work here.
On another note I was presented with a blog award which I am very grateful towards so thank you Omg Toasties for the blog love.
Here are the rules:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don’t know about you.
I would like to pass this award onto:
Marijke at Chunkylicious.
Kiyomi at Yomi Handmade.
Taylala at HelloandKawaii.
Dolly the doll at HelloPrettiful.
Kieli Heart at RainbowStarCandy.
& 5 random facts about me mmmmm…
1. I hate peanut butter blarghh!
2. Apparently the word cute comes in my top 5 vocabulary list haha.
4. I’m a crazy cat lady I adore cats so much. Especially cats in clothes!
5. I’m a huge gaming nerd too. I’ve not missed a handheld device since the gameboy colour & I still have them all to this day. (I used to borrow my friends original gameboy.)
So there we have it! A little more about myself… ^__<
Take care all!